Citra 3DS Emulator, as the name suggests, is an open-source emulator to play the Nintendo 3DS games for free. This emulator is available on a variety of platforms including iOS, Android, Linux, PC and Mac. You don’t have to buy the expensive console any longer to play the games of your choice. Everything is now available on your mobile device through this emulator. Here we take a deeper look into Citra’s emulator and learn how to install it on our devices.
3DS Emulator Download:
3DS emulator is available for Android, iOS devices. You can install it on Windows and Mac computers. Here, in this post, we will see all the installation methods to get the emulator on all the possible devices.
3DS Emulator for PC (Windows/Mac):
Thankfully, Citra has a Windows and Mac version of 3DS emulator. This simply means that you do not need any 3rd party softwares to install this emulator. You can directly download the software and install on your PC. You can install 3DS Emulator on Mac and Windows operating systems.
Here are the simple steps to get 3DS Emulator for Windows (as well as Mac):
- You can visit the links given below and download the latest version of 3DS emulator. The separate links are given for Windows and Mac.
- Unpack the Zip file in the folder
- Run the Setup file to install the gaming application
3DS Emulator iOS Download on iPhone/iPad:
Great news! You can play your favourite 3DS games on your iOS devices as well. We will guide you through the simple installation process. But, before that, make sure your device is compatible. You can get 3DS Emulator for iOS 10.3.1/10.3.2/10.3.3 and even iOS 9. But, it seems it has been optimized for the latest iOS firmware versions and devices. If you want alternatives to 3DS emulator, you can search for the apps on Tutuapp VIP
How to Install 3DS Emulator on iOS:
Citra 3DS Emulator is available for download without jailbreak. That’s some relief especially for those who own a latest iOS device. Follow these steps to install this application on iOS:
- Open Safari browser on iOS (why Safari? Because it is the native browser and facilitates installation better than the others)
- Open THIS URL and download the 3DS Emulator iOS installation file
- Tap the ‘Install’ button to continue the installation and wait for it to complete
- Now go to iOS Settings
- Select General and tap ‘Profiles’ (in some devices it is ‘Profiles & Device Management)
- Find the profile whose name starts with ‘Guangdong’
- Tap Trust
- Tap Trust again when you see the prompt
Press the Home button and return to the device home screen. Launch the app and enjoy the games. If you like to record the game play on your iPhone, you can Download Airshou screen recorder on your device.
Download 3DS Emulator APK on Android:
Thankfully, the 3DS emulator by Citra is available on the Android devices. You can play your favorite Nintendo 3DS games on your device after installing this app. Here are the simple steps to download 3DS Emulator:
- First of all, you need to download the 3DS Emulator APK file. This file will be used for the installation of the app. One way to get the file is to look up on the web. But, if you want to be absolutely sure that you are downloading the safe file, Click here to download on your device
- Now open the File Manger or Explorer app on your Android and navigate to the file location.
- Tap the file once to run it for installation
- You may see a warning message saying that this is third-party installation and if you wish to allow it. Tap ‘Allow’ or any other appropriate button on the screen to allow the installation. In case you don’t see the ‘Allow’ option and the installation is simply blocked, go to Settings >> Security and then enable the option called ‘Unknown Sources’. Return to the file location and run the APK file again
- If there are any dialogue boxes or confirmation messages, press the relevant buttons to proceed with the installation
This will complete the 3DS Emulator download and installation on the Android device. If you face any issues with it on Android, you can comment below.
Features of 3DS Emulator:
Citra 3DS Emulator is an amazing application to play the Nintendo 3DS games. Here is the list of some of its prominent features:
- This emulator is completely free of cost. Firstly, you don’t need to spend money on buying an expensive console. Secondly, it comes with the preloaded 3DS Emulator games and thus you don’t even need to buy any games.
- It offers high quality game play on your device. You will love the resolution and the performance. The games can be played in the 720p HD quality.
- Whether you want to play single-player game all alone or a multiplayer game with your friends and other people, you can do it all on this emulator. For multiplayer games you will need high speed internet connection.
- This emulator works very well on most of the devices. Although there could be some crashes, but usually such sightings are rare.
With this section of features, the whole articles is completed. I hope you enjoyed it and installed 3DS emulator successfully on your devices. If there is anything else you would like to know, please comment below and don’t forget to share this post.